- Alex Morgan scores twice as USWNT beat Jamaica 6-0
- Canada also book place in France with win over Panama
- USA 2-4 Colombia
- Kathryn Mayorga claims she was assaulted by footballer
- Juventus star’s lawyers say allegations are untrue
RB Leipzig coach Ralf Ragnick has installed a “wheel of misfortune” to help determine how misbehaving players should be punished? Which of these forfeits is not on the wheel?
Train in a tutu
Work in the club shop
Serve food in the canteen
Buy gifts for the club’s employees
Pay a fine
Which of these statements about new US Open champion Naomi Osaka is false?
She was only one year old when Serena Williams first won the US Open
She has a 100% record against Serena Williams
She was born in New York
She is the first Japanese player to win a Grand Slam singles tournament
Premier League leaders Liverpool face their toughest challenge of the season so far on Saturday, when they visit Tottenham. Liverpool struggled in recent away matches against Continue reading "Sports quiz of the week: Golovkin v Álvarez, Osaka and footballers in tutus"
- Adams strike lifts USA to first win over Mexico since 2015
- USA 1-0 Mexico: international friendly – as it happened
- Neymar and Roberto Firmino find goal in 2-0 friendly win
- USA 0-2 Brazil – as it happened
- Franchise’s name is a nod to Spanish-speaking community
- Club have name but are still finalising plans for stadium
Who was better, Dempsey or Landon Donovan, the man with whom he will be forever tied on the all-time US men’s goalscoring chart? How do you compare an outfield player with goalkeepers such as Kasey Keller, Brad Friedel and Tim Howard, each of whom also had successful club careers abroad? Continue reading...